Why have you forgotten me, Oh God?


Why have you forgotten me, Oh God? 

I viewed a video today on Facebook that reminds us of God's strong and abiding love for us.   A woman's young son had just passed away and she felt abandoned by God.  Why did it have to be this way?  We often cry out when this life gives us, or takes away things we don't want to happen.  In the process, where are you God?  Why have you abandon me?  We don't have all the answers to life's events, but the one answer that I am certain of is the love of our Heavenly Father toward us.  

"You are written on the palms of His hands!"  Isaiah 49:16

Just think God's love far surpasses the love we have for our own children.

A Mother's love is something
that no one can explain,
It is made of deep devotion
and of sacrifice and pain,
It is endless and unselfish
and enduring come what may
For nothing can destroy it
or take that love away . . .
It is patient and forgiving
when all others are forsaking,
And it never fails or falters
even though the heart is breaking . . .
It believes beyond believing
when the world around condemns,
And it glows with all the beauty
of the rarest, brightest gems . . .
It is far beyond defining,
it defies all explanation,
And it still remains a secret
like the mysteries of creation . . .
A many splendoured miracle
man cannot understand
And another wondrous evidence
of God's tender guiding hand.

- Helen Steiner Rice

As a mother, it wouldn't matter where my son or daughter were in life.  Whether they were right next to me, or lived a 1000 miles away.  Whether they were successful in society's eyes; had a reputation of gold or of tarnished silver, they are written on the palms of my hands and their image engraved in my heart.  From the moment of inception to the moment they were placed into my arms, I have loved them.  Even in this flesh that is self-centered and selfish; if they asked anything of me, I would do my best to provide it for them.  Whatever the age or circumstance my love is consistent, though not perfect, their names our written on the palms of my hands.  Sometimes our heart  breaks as parents when our children don't behave like we think they should; but it doesn't distract from the natural love that we have for them.  When you hold their hand, each time you are reminded that they are written in the palm of your hand. 

 I think God's love is far greater than the love of an earthly mother or father.  Can you even imagine?  When we cry out for Him, He reminds us that we are written on the palms of His hands!  We as parents often sacrifice our time and energy for the well-being of our children.  How much more does our Heaven Father care for us?  He has not abandon us, or forgotten us.  Try holding His hand, and see that your name is written in the palm of His hand.  




Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Day 3 - Revealing the Heart!

Day 1 - New Year 2015

Day 2 - JOY