"Bless the Lord, O my soul; and all that is within me, bless his Holy name."

Battling depression, reading the headlines, wars and rumor of wars, celebrities killing themselves, health issues to close to home, maybe at home?  How can one stay above their trials?  How can one breath after the news, the daily news? Reaching out, stepping out, hopefully on ground that doesn't fall beneath your feet!  Reaching out for substance and not just thin air! When we think our trials are too much to bear, look around, look back, look way back in the bible in the book of Job.
Job, though tested beyond normal human endurance, finished strong with a steadfast faith. In Job 19:25 (NIV), he declared, “I know that my Redeemer lives.” Likewise Paul, who suffered tremendous persecution for his faith, was able to write, “I have fought the good fight, I have finished the race, and I have remained faithful” (2 Timothy 4:7 NLT). Let it echo from your heart, be spoken from your lips, let your attitude reveal it! "I know that my Redeemer lives.!" Let your hands show it, let your mouth speak it..."I know that my Redeemer lives.! 

Water Your Seed (Reference Joyce Meyers)

We can be finishers too, if we will cooperate with God and put in the work He’s calling us to do. Stop being wishy-washy and start being decisive. Make up your mind to clean up the messes big and small that are dragging you down. Sure it’s hard, but God has equipped you for “hard.” He has already planted the seeds of discipline and self-control inside you. You just have to water those seeds with His Word to make them grow.
You can get victory over out-of-control areas of your life if you deliberately and consistently lean on Him. Say “God, I am nothing without You. I can’t do anything without You.” Cast down wrong thoughts when they come into your mind. Start thinking and speaking God’s Truth to your situation and little by little, He will help you reach your goal.



Whatever your goal is, whether it’s to get in good physical shape or change a negative attitude, start drawing on God’s power to help you achieve it. Philippians 4:6 says, “Don’t worry about anything; instead, pray about everything.  Oh Lord, let me end with a prayer...and a song - Bless the Lord, O my soul, O my soul ...Worship His Holy name! 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Day 3 - Revealing the Heart!

Day 1 - New Year 2015

Day 2 - JOY