Discernment verses a critical Spirit


Discernment vs. a Critical Spirit

Some things just are not very pretty!  And it doesn't smell like a rose!  Wow, point a finger and get a punch in the arm from God! And it still hurts!!! I have to smile because I grew up in a family filled with insecurity and gossip and judgment (now I am blaming them for my short-comings - and critical spirit.)  The Bible says this is a curse and the longer I live the more I realize it truly is.  A critical spirit can destroy relationships.  And somehow, I have to laugh because I am blaming and pointing my finger at my own family environment, it is so easy for me to fall into this pattern of self-destruction and the destruction of others. I have also realized that whatever work environment I am in, it seems to be filled with a critical spirit?!?  Could this be coming from me?!? ....It must be contagious!?!  I think most all of us struggle with some element of being critical.

I have attached an article that talks about this very subject - a critical spirit:  Read this, it is so good and informing! 


1. Only God can accurately discern the motives of the heart, so stop going to your friends to figure out another friend.  And we don't need others to build us up, if we truly know who we are in Christ Jesus. His Grace is always sufficient for all our needs!  

2 Corinithians 12:9 Three times I pleaded with the Lord to take it away from me. 9But He said to me, “My grace is sufficient for you, for My power is perfected in weakness.” ThereforeI will boast all the more gladly in my weaknesses, so that the power of Christ may rest on me. 10That is why, for the sake of Christ, I delight in weaknesses, in insults, in hardships, in persecutions, in difficulties. For when I am weak, then I am strong.…

This has become one of my favorite verses and when I let it soak into my heart....it makes me want to dance!! 

2.  Yes, what would happen if we channeled all our critical energy into an honest dialog with God?  He would take our pointing finger and redirect it to the cross! 

I think I will start practicing loving myself for who God made me to be...a writer, an artist, a sweet spirit, a tender soul and always in constant tears for Him....always running after Him for His all consuming love! 

John 13:34-35

 “A new command I give you: Love one another. As I have loved you, so you must love one another. 35 By this everyone will know that you are my disciples, if you love one another.”




Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Day 3 - Revealing the Heart!

Day 1 - New Year 2015

Day 2 - JOY