Thankfulness!


Thankfulness

Life really is more than black and white, it is truly filled with the color of love!  This morning's prayer was all about thanksgiving and the more I think of my activities in the pass few hours, the more thankful I feel.  Yesterday I had the privilege of spending time with a beautiful woman, as she spoke to me with tears in her eyes and a confessed bitter heart because the husband that she had loved for many years left her and was unable to see the value of who she was and all the time, talent and energy she had given to him, she felt was stolen from her as he walked out the door.  I cried with her because it brought to my mind all the people that have walked into my life and have taken me for granted, who had thrown away the love, talent and energy that I had given them.  The ones who were unable to see the diamond hidden in my heart for them.  But, as I dried the tears, I thought of thankfulness!  The ability and opportunity that God has given me as a living, breathing human being to even be able to share love with others! My thankfulness in having arms to hug them, hands to help them, fingers to write to them and express my love and legs to walk with them through this journey of life! 

Then I ran into my neighbor at lunch who told me her ill husband will soon be coming home and spending time with her.  And she told me about her pending surgery on her hand.  And again another friend who had just finished all of her chemo therapy treatments and she received a good report from the Doctor's office.  She had such a thankful smile on her face.  When our friends and family suffer, we suffer!  All I can think of is thankfulness, both for them and for myself.  Sometimes words are not enough, but God's grace is always sufficient! 

Then I thought while people were being killed in the Orlando shooting, due to hate in the heart of man, I was being blessed in a celebration of life at a Shavout dinner (the giving of God's word)!  And at the same time witnessing the blessings of the children of each family!  I am more than thankful to have a heart that is filled with love and not hate for mankind.  The grief God feels when man allows a spirit of hate to consume him.  The separation from his love IS hell!  The weeping and gnashing of teeth that he speaks of in the Bible. …This path we follow is so narrow.  We need to fill it with thanksgiving with a thankful heart!  

We need to be in constant reminder of what separation from God really means!
27And he will answer, ‘I tell you, I do not know where you are from?  Depart from me, all you evildoers.’28There will be weeping and gnashing of teeth when you see Abraham, Isaac, Jacob, and all the prophets in the kingdom of God, but you yourselves are thrown out. 29People will come from east and west and north and south, and will recline at the table in the kingdom of God.…
I am so glad and beyond thankful and humbly approach His Kingdom with a repentant heart filled with a holy thankfulness to even be considered as part of His Kingdom and a recipient of His abiding love! 

I don't want to be sent away in these last days.  I don't want to be told by my creator, that I never knew you?  That my worth is void and sent away!  That the price he paid for me, He got nothing back in return!  I will continue to come back to Him with a heart filled with thanksgiving!  It is not my own unsatisfied heart that pleads this, but my heart after His! 



Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Day 3 - Revealing the Heart!

Day 1 - New Year 2015

Day 2 - JOY