Fill my cup Lord! I lift it up Lord!


Fill my Cup, Lord, I lift it up Lord! 

Come and quench this thirsting of my soul.  Bread of Heaven feed me until I want no more! 

Fill my Cup, fill it up and make me whole! 

I love the lyrics to this song.  How full is your cup today?  Are you thirsting for something or someone more?  
There is something in the heart that secretly cries out for more.  In John 7:37-38 There is an invitation to have more, in fact Jesus cried out!  "If anyone thirst, let him come to Me and drink.  He who believes in Me as the Scripture has said, out of his heart will flow rivers of living water." 

What is this "living water"?  I think the living water is God's word - It says in Hebrews 4:12 that the Word of God is "Living" and powerful, and sharper than any two-edged sword, piercing even to the division of soul and spirit, and of joints and marrow, and is a discern er of the thoughts and intents of the heart."

Again in John chapter 6 it talked about Jesus and He is the "living" bread 48 - "I am the bread of life.  This is the bread which comes down from heaven, that one may eat of it and not die."  

In Corinthians it talks about communion and about partaking the "living water and bread" - "Take, eat; this is My body which is broken for you; do this in remembrance of Me."  In the same manner He also took the cup after supper, saying "This cup is the new covenant in My blood.  This do, as often as you drink it, in remembrance of Me."  For as often as you eat this bread and drink this cup, you proclaim the Lord's death till he comes." 
   


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Day 3 - Revealing the Heart!

Day 1 - New Year 2015

Day 2 - JOY