He lives!


He lives!! 

Sometimes a song just comes out of my heart, so it is good to write down the lyrics.  This particular  author is Alan Jackson.  We sing all of his songs at one of our local nursing home facilities and the lyrics just resonant the room.  The words are hidden in my heart as I give each resident a hug, as I look in their faces and I see a sweet, gentle smile looking back at me and one from above.  Oh yes, I serve a risen Savior, he is in the world today.  I know that he is LIVING whatever men may say.  Yes, I see his hand of mercy, I hear his voice of cheer and just the time I need him, he is always near! 

Each face represents God's love, his joy, his peace, each fruit almost ready to be sown to heavenly places  as we sing God's praises standing before His throne!  Each of us with the assurance of life eternal in the land of paradise! Not only a land of paradise but heavenly crowns.

10 For we must all appear before the judgment seat of Christ, so that each of us may receive what is due us for the things done while in the body, whether good or bad.  2 Corinthians 5:10
1For it is written, As I live, saith the Lord, every knee shall bow to me, and every tongue shall confess to God. 12 So then every one of us shall give account of himself to God.
                                                                                                       Romans 14:11-12
10 According to the grace of God given to me, like a skilled master builder I laid a foundation, and someone else is building upon it. Let each one take care how he builds upon it. 11 For no one can lay a foundation other than that which is laid, which is Jesus Christ. 12 Now if anyone builds on the foundation with gold, silver, precious stones, wood, hay, straw— 13 each one's work will become manifest, for the Day will disclose it, because it will be revealed by fire, and the fire will test what sort of work each one has done. 14 If the work that anyone has built on the foundation survives, he will receive a reward. 15 If anyone's work is burned up, he will suffer loss, though he himself will be saved, but only as through fire. 1 Corinthians  3:10-15

Who is it today that you serve? What kind of material are you using to build your eternal foundation? Is it temporal or eternal?  Who is your corner stone?  Can it be moved or are you secure in believing, yes I serve a risen Savior and YES He is in the world today.  And you know that he is living by His words hidden in your heart today!
Sometimes we just need to stop for a moment and take in His loving kindness through those around us.  Take in the beauty of the face looking back at us.  And before you know it, this song is hidden in your heart too! 


I serve a risen Saviour, He's in the world today
I know that He is living, whatever men may say
I see His hand of mercy, I hear His voice of cheer
And just the time I need Him He's always near

He lives (He lives), He lives (He lives), Christ Jesus lives today
He walks with me and talks with me
Along life's narrow way
He lives (He lives), He lives (He lives), Salvation to impart
You ask me how I know He lives?
He lives within my heart

In all the world around me I see His loving care
And though my heart grows weary I never will despair
I know that He is leading, through all the stormy blast
The day of His appearing will come at last

He lives (He lives), He lives (He lives), Christ Jesus lives today
He walks with me and talks with me
Along life's narrow way
He lives (He lives), He lives (He lives), Salvation to impart
You ask me how I know He lives?
He lives within my heart

Rejoice, rejoice, O Christian Lift up your voice and sing
Eternal hallelujahs to Jesus Christ, the King
The Hope of all who seek Him, the Help of all who find
None other is so loving, so good and kind

He lives (He lives), He lives (He lives), Christ Jesus lives today
He walks with me and talks with me
Along life's narrow way
He lives (He lives), He lives (He lives), Salvation to impart
You ask me how I know He lives?
He lives within my heart

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Day 3 - Revealing the Heart!

Day 1 - New Year 2015

Day 2 - JOY