The Journey





Through tears I find you here again.  I was listening to a beautiful song today called “Find you here”, by Ellie Holcomb.  Some songs just pierce the heart deeper than what you could ever imagine.  Some songs carry such a strong witness, the REAL of life.  How do we take and place one foot in front of another when we have had such disappointment here in life?  Her song rings loud in my ears and heavy on my heart as I enter the threshold of my doorway, as tears trickle down my cheeks, yet another day.  Her voice rings out, “it’s not the news that any of us hoped we would hear.  It’s not the road we would have chosen, no the only thing that we can see is darkness ahead.  Then between the lyrical words, His voice speaks softly.  I am asking you to lay your worry down and sing a song instead.   It echoed within my soul, the melody penetrating my heart, head and soul -sing a song instead, He says?”

I didn’t know I’d find Him there?  In the middle of my deepest fear, but He draws near, overwhelming me with His peace.   So, I lift my voice and sing, as He carries me through everything and brings me to my feet.  As the tears slow, He tells me to thank Him even when the pain is deep.  He says, “I have promised to come and meet with you on the road ahead and no matter what the fear says, I will give you a reason to stand instead.   Even through the death of a mother, even though a diagnoses of cancer.  Even through the piercing back pain.  Even through financial loss or gain.  Even through mental or physical pain, even though a baby taken, even threw it all, it is all never mistaken. He reminds me of a verse, His words ring true.  What the enemy means for evil, He always brings to good. 

Oh Lord, I didn’t know I’d find you here in the middle of my deepest fear?  Drawing closer as I can feel your breath and see your presence through miracles created through my mess.  Here in the middle of the lonely night, here in the middle of the losing fight, it is you I see change my deep regret when healing hasn’t happen as yet.  Your Hallelujah is my brokenness, your glory is my oil of Gilead.  Always speaking life instead of death.  Your song I sing instead. 

Even Lord in the middle of the desert place, I know so well, in the middle when I cannot see your face.  It is you with your outstretched arms, it is you that can see my pain and brokenness.  And I didn’t know it would be you I would find here in the middle of my deepest fear, but it is you who is drawing near.

Through the words of friends and family that comfort the heart.  It starts, my heart again, beating hard for you.  It starts my soul to sing….Rejoice, rejoice, don’t worry bout a single thing, cause you are gonna carry me through everything.  You Lord, my precious King!  You Lord, my Majesty!  My Lamb, my savior, my King!

Thank you Lord for giving us a new song to sing!  Thank you Lord for the ability to carry the tune to those who need to hear that you are NEAR!  Thank you Lord, for being right beside us and for the comfort only you can provide us here.  Thank you Lord for being next to us, even when we feel alone.   Thank you Lord for providing 5 stones as you did for King David (Torah) to kill Goliath (Giant challenges of life) with only one stone, instead of throwing them, you tell us to hold on to them, close to our heart, because you alone are the corner stone, you alone are the rock to stand, you alone Jesus Christ, the Son of Man! 

  Deuteronomy 31:6 – He is always before us!  When He is before us, who can be against us?

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Day 3 - Revealing the Heart!

Day 1 - New Year 2015

Day 2 - JOY