Abundant Joy is Good News!


Day 4 - Abundant Joy is Good News!

Can we give God control?  Can we allow His promises to become our reality? As we approach and live out each day in this new year, how do you want to handle it?  God does give us a choice!  We often half celebrate partial victories and talk to those around us about our agonizing defeats.  I don't know about you, but I don't think I want to continue to live like Hagar did in the Bible.  She was slaved by sin.  I want to live with the freedom of Sarah, when God promised her a child in her old age.  She was filled with joy and laughter of God's miracle!  How long has it been since you were filled with joy and laughter?

Can we walk on the water, can we experience real freedom?  Can we let go and let God take control of our body, our mind, and most of all, our heart?  I am always trying to fix things myself, it makes me fatigued, stressed and depressed.  

Let my mind be expectant of God's promises, let me repeat this in my mind and heart again - let my mind be expectant, excited, overwhelmed about his promises, his wonderful miracles, and most of all, his abundant JOY!  In Psalms there is such a beautiful prayer that David prayed and at the very end of it is the KEY to the abundant JOY - Trust

Psalms 4:7-8 
"Thou hast put gladness in my heart, more than in the time that their corn and their wine increased.  I will both lay me down in peace, and sleep: for thou, Lord, only makes me dwell in safety.

Heart Homework:  But know that the Lord hath set apart him that is godly for himself: the Lord will hear when I call unto him.  Stand in awe, and sin not: commune with your own heart upon your bed, and be still.  Offer the sacrifices of righteousness, and put your trust in the Lord!

What is the sacrifice of righteousness - our faith, our trust and following the voice of our Shepard! 





Thank you Lord for a well that is filled with Living Water - Your word! 
Thank you for providing proof to the truth!  You are alive and you provide abundant JOY! 
When my heart and mind are thirsty, you fill it with the bread of LIFE, with laughter, and LOVE!

" I am bringing you good news that will be a great JOY to all the people today your Savior was born in the town of David, He is Christ the Lord"  Luke 2:10-11  -  Let me be filled with thankfulness for such a miraculous GIFT! 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Day 3 - Revealing the Heart!

Day 1 - New Year 2015

Day 2 - JOY