Mercies


Mercies

On the way home tonight I was listening to a song on the radio.  Once in awhile a song really speaks to me as if it is the Lord himself sitting right next to me.  It has been a day of tears and disappointment, not much unlike many other days that have past.  This particular song is by Laura Story, called Blessing - Mercies in disguise.  

It was as if this song had soft hands that held my own soul.  I don't know about you, but my main dialog in prayer is praying for those I love and care about.  I pray for blessings and I also pray for peace.  I pray for comfort for my family and others; along with protection while they sleep.  One by one the list goes on, as we pray for healing, for prosperity, for the might hand of God to ease our suffering!  It was at this moment I knew there was another kindred heart out there, similar to mine.  A heart that still cares; but the need so vast only an almighty could conquer the despair! 

Oh yes, all the while you hear each spoken need, yet your love is so much to give us lesser things! 
In His whisper he says, "have you once thought it possible that your blessings do come through raindrops and your healing comes through tears?  And those thousand nights you couldn't sleep is what it took to know that I was truly near.  

These words come off the paper and penetrate my soul as He knew what I needed to hear, clear and concise, unfolding in front of me....to loose the soul toll! 

Disguised within the trials are my mercies, dear. 

I tell him, I do pray for wisdom, and to hear your voice, oh yes, hear your voice,  But to be honest, more than often I cry in anger when I cannot feel you near.  I even doubt your goodness and your love, as if every promise from your word is not enough!  Every moment you hear my desperate plea, and you long that I would have faith to believe! 

When friends betray us, and the darkness always seems to win
we know that pain reminds the heart that this is not, Oh yes, this is not our home!
The greatest disappointments and the aching of this life is
the revealing of a greater thirst this world cannot satisfy.

The trials of this life, the rain, the storms, the hardest nights are all made up of mercies in disguise!
His love hidden within our tears. Love weaved through brokenness, disappointment and the ache of this life...it is the heart yearning to come home.

Heart Homework:  Hebrews 6:10-18



'



'

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Day 3 - Revealing the Heart!

Day 1 - New Year 2015

Day 2 - JOY