Does your life resemble a tree?


Does your life resemble a tree? 

To appoint unto them that mourn in Zion, to give unto them beauty for ashes, the oil of joy for mourning, the garment of praise for the spirit of heaviness; that they might be called trees of righteousness, the planting of the Lord, that he might be glorified.

I couldn't decide today what to talk about? What I should blog about? So much going on in my mind.  My first thought was about a trash can.  I sometimes feel like a trash can where everyone wants to throw their garbage.  I was going to use an illustration of a trash can with garbage overflowing out of it.  Do you ever feel this way?  When someone is in a stressed mood, or angry about something, or something isn't going the way they anticipate, and they take it out on you!  Or they make you feel like a piece of paper with junk hanging off of it!  Then I thought no, I will use an illustration of a cup and demonstrate how a delicate cup can crack under extreme pressure, like too cold (people ignoring you, make you feel unloved, or say something cold towards you.  Or when it is too hot the cup will crack - such as someone taking their anger out on you, their tiredness, impatiences, etc.  I am not exempting myself from this type of behavior because it happens to me too.  It just doesn't feel very good, does it.  It certainly does not produce love, that is for sure.  So, I called a friend and she shared a particular verse with me, because I asked her to pray that God would bring back my Joy!  

For years I have had a heart of rejection, and a heart of hurt and if I give into it, I begin to mourn. The good news is this, when our flesh starts to act up and show it's self, we have a redeemer!  When we read God's word we can't help but have a heart of thankfulness because he has appointed unto them that mourn in Zion, to give unto them beauty for ashes, the oil of JOY for mourning the garment of praise for the spirit of heaviness, that they might be called trees of righteousness, the planting of the Lord, that he might be glorified!  My illustration of a tree looks more like a little girl drew it; but that's ok because He covers the heart of all who believe in him, men and women alike!  We all have days where we need to rub on Isaiah 61:3 until it penetrates our heart!  

I am including a video from Joyce Meyers on complaining!  Great video! Lets try and avoid a miserable day!  By following the direction of the Holy Spirit! Don't let somebody's bad news or bad attitude break your day!  Keep your JOY! 

Heart Homework: John 15:19






Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Day 3 - Revealing the Heart!

Day 1 - New Year 2015

Day 2 - JOY