Faith


Faith 

Do you have a friend who can keep you accountable?  A friend that reminds you of your own instability or the real truth of who you are?  Who wants to hear about our weaknesses as humans?  It's like having someone hit you over the head with a wooden plank!  It's downright PAINFUL!!!  Are we true to ourselves, or do we have a fake facade?   The Lord brought me a word today, that felt like a wooden plank!  Don't we often want him to just cuddle us and pamper us and spoil us!  Who doesn't.  But, as a Father wanting the very best for and from us, He always needs to give us truth!  Of course don't forget the grace - (His arms around us as He teaches and instructs.)

A friend and I were talking about losing weight and focusing on eating with a healthier lifestyle in mind.  I think deep inside we each think that being a little over weight makes us unattractive.  However, what God says about being unattractive has nothing to do with being over-weight.  You might be surprised to know what it is that is so unattractive to God. It is having a mind that is double-minded!  In fact He tells us in James 1:8 to NOT expect anything from Him if we are double minded.  Some questions come immediately to my mind, such as:
How big is my faith?  
               Does my faith surpass the size of a mustard seed? 
               Is it even visible to the human eye?
              Does it take a microscope to see it? 
              What does God say about a double-minded man? 
              What does God say about NO FAITH? 
               Do my actions and behavior show I have faith? 
God says if we are double-minded we are unstable in all of our ways!  Wow!  In Hebrews 11:6 - God also tells us without faith, it is impossible to please God! Who does God see attractive?  When a man or woman portrays - steadfastness, being humble minded, having a focus on God!  And most of all Faith, even when things don't look so good! (remember, He says he will never leave or forsake you).  We are talking about GOD here, not an ex-husband or wife, not a sister or brother, or even mother or earthly father.  It is GOD who is always there, always!

A double-minded man is like a wave of the sea, tossed to and fro by the winds of doctrines that are contrary to the gospel of grace of Christ. There is only one gospel, as Paul wrote in Galatians 1, and it is the gospel of grace of Christ. :) "I marvel that you are turning away so soon from Him who called you in the grace of Christ to a different gospel" (Galatians 1:6)
This is what makes a person attractive, being steadfast and constantly focusing on God's will for their lives, and not losing faith! What is faith?  Faith is walking out God's teaching and instruction.  I didn't say losing weight (although this is good)  I said don't lose faith! As Paul wrote in Galatians we need not only to follow Christ, but be steadfast and single minded with our focus on Christ.  
John 14:6 5“Lord,” said Thomas, “we do not know where You are going, so how can we know the way?” 6Jesus answered, “I am the way and the truth and the life. No one comes to the Father except through Me. 7If you had known Me, you would know My Father as well. From now on you do know Him and have seen Him.”
Are you wanting more in life?  What does God say?    But he said to me, “My grace is sufficient for you, for my power is made perfect in weakness.” Therefore I will boast all the more gladly about my weaknesses, so that Christ’s power may rest on me.
Today's devotional, straight from the lips of the Savior!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Day 3 - Revealing the Heart!

Day 1 - New Year 2015

Day 2 - JOY