Cinderella's golden slippers - we shouldn't have to contort ourselves to fit someone else's understanding of who we are and what our soul defines; should we?  As I read the book ruby slipper, I find myself folding back pages that touch my soul and at the same time listening to the most beautiful music.  It compels me to just say thank you! Gratitude for just being alive, to be able to hear such magnificence, to be able to see words put together and understand their meaning!  To underline words from the creator "You are my Beloved, on you my favor rests."  Is there anything more beautiful than that?  To see and to hear "YOU ARE ENOUGH!" You are redeemed, free to be what God has created you (your soul) to be.  A soul finding it's home, safety, security, and freedom in what it means to come home.  

Take time to pray for your soul:  There is a short paragraph in the book that reads like this, (it takes the labels and expectation away and replaces it with something beautiful.

I am not a mother, a daughter, a niece, a sister......
I am not a teacher, a photographer or a Realtor
I am not a writer.....
I am not fun, enthusiastic, motivated, organized, disciplined, or creative
I am not bossy, demanding, impatient, stubborn, judgmental or jealous
I am none of these
I am a naked soul clothed in the righteousness of Christ!

It echos in my mind - What if we turned our attention away from others' comments (so difficult to do)!  What if we turned our head from vanity?  What if we lived our lives like Christ actually wanted to redeem our souls? What if we actually started to pay attention to our soul?  What if we can taste the power of the divine in our everyday choices?  What if? 

 
   

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Day 3 - Revealing the Heart!

Day 1 - New Year 2015

Day 2 - JOY