Be Held by a God that won't let go!

Just be Held!

We are back here again....thinking about just being held!  Oh doesn't life hit you out of nowhere and barely leave you holding on.  Take a long, slow, deep breath when you are tired of fighting your own chain of control. 

In my mind's eye I see a picture of a small bird perched on a tiny, fragile branch with words over-laid on the page  that say, "Cast your care on Him for He cares for you." The picture reminds me of life; sometimes so fragile, how delicate it all is.  The branch could break, the wind could blow swiftly.  The storm is just around the corner.  Just perched on a tiny, fragile branch with words swirling around you like a strong gust of wind.   A swirl of sickness, a swirl of bitterness, the swirl of separation, that hits your heart like a sharp, painful piercing object.

This week I had the joy of sitting bedside with a dear friend who has been fighting a battle of cancer.  Bravery is her middle name!  She struggled to talk and when she couldn't talk clearly, she said "it's ok."  Lord, I want to scream out and say, "Lord it's NOT ok! How many times have I been on my knees and answers seem so far away? My tears turn to ash!  Just a few days earlier a neighbor stopped by to visit, also battling the scars of a war of disease.  That ugly curse of cancer! Losing sight because of a medication she has to take.  What do you do?  What do you say?  Your heart is screaming out, it's NOT ok!!! Then if this isn't enough, yet another loses their life to this horrifying disease!!  Another light has been put out, a star ceases to shine.

The only sweetness I have to hold on to, is the surrender of His abiding spirit, that sweet savor, the only peace.  He says, let it go and let me handle it.  My grace is sufficient...He softly says "you're not alone, stop holding on and just be held.   I want to share His words from the roof top, to comfort, to hold, to sustain, to breath....breath LIFE!  He says, your world isn't falling apart, it's falling into place.  Lord, it is all so unsettling, chaotic, filled with fear! 

His whisper....Lay it down and let it go, your not alone, stop holding on and just be held.  This is what I want to tell those I love....I want to tell them, just be held....feel His embrace, He is holding you now, can you feel Him?  He has taken your ashes, your suffering and painted beauty!  You are a masterpiece created by Him!  You are a star shining for Him, even through the storm....stop holding on and just be held.  Come to me and find rest into the arms of a God that won't let go....





Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Day 3 - Revealing the Heart!

Day 1 - New Year 2015

Day 2 - JOY