Love is an experience not a feeling!


Love is an experience not a feeling!
 


Several weeks ago I had the desire to buy a strand of pearls.  Not only is the pearl my birthstone; but it is also a reminder to me about the relationship that I have with the Lord.  Before the physical pearls I had his voice and words etched on my heart and mind.  It would often keep me from destruction.   In fact for 12 years I pondered on those pearls.   And was careful with His help to keep the strand intact.  I think I also had a pretty thick wall around my heart for protection too.

The first thing that comes to my mind as I put my pearls on each morning is this strong and vivid message from my Abba, Father.  First, he reprimands me for my self-righteousness!  It’s in all of us.  His finger is pointed straight at me…..You hypocrite! First take the beam out of your own eye, and then you will see clearly to remove the speck from your brother’s eye. Do not give dogs what is holy; do not throw your pearls before swine. If you do, they may trample them under their feet, and then turn and tear you to pieces.  Ask and it will be given to you; seek and you will find; knock and the door will be opened to you.… My father whispers these words to me each morning as I place the pearls around my neck.
 
For me there is such significance behind these pearls, because it has been my life experience to cast my pearls before swine.  Those unworthy of my heart and they have literally torn it apart.  So much so, I had to RUN for protection behind my father’s wing!  I don’t place the blame on anyone else but myself.  On so many occasions I found myself as the Samaritan alongside the road with tear stained cheeks and a body filled with brokenness!  (Luke 10:25-37) and the woman at the well (John 4:4-26).
What the enemy means for evil, the Lord turns to good. 

Each time I have cast my pearls before swine, it causes me to run toward my father for His teaching and instruction.   My earthly father didn’t hold the wisdom that my Heavenly father does.  In fact my earthly father was disrespectful to me and I based my earthly father’s vision of myself upon what he saw or what I thought he saw or thought, "someone not adequate, not enough."  He himself was filled with insecurity that was passed then to his children.  He was too insecure to show us what REAL love was.  Most of the time, we did not experience love.

It wasn’t until I saw what my Heavenly father saw that I became much more cautious in what I shared and with whom.  My Heavenly father has shown me the type of love that doesn’t walk out the door when the going gets rough, that isn’t self-centered, self-focused, but focused entirely on my well being and protection.  He has shown me the type of love that isn’t filled with curse words and an attitude of “it is never enough” instead He has given me a bouquet of flowers every day as I open the door each morning and hear his sweet whispers, “you are enough, I love you with an everlasting love.”   This is why my focus needs to be “stayed on Him.”  Because this world drains us of real love, instead of lifting us up.  So each morning as I place my pearls around my neck it is a reminder of how much my Heavenly father loves me. How much He really does care.   And I am able to experience His everlasting love from moment to moment, each and ever day! Jeremiah 31:3

 In all of our circumstances of life, God has given us beauty for ashes and we are called oaks of righteousness, a planting of the Lord for the display of his splendor! Isaiah 61:3





Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Day 3 - Revealing the Heart!

Day 1 - New Year 2015

Day 2 - JOY