Seek after Peace!


Seek after Peace! 

I have noticed on facebook that it pricks and pokes my flesh; such as creates feelings of jealousy, envy, covetousness, judgement and sometimes anger.  I speak out of my deprivation and a messy heart, that needs to be washed daily with a very generous dose of God's love.  I think Satan tries to kill your soul with these emotions.  Needless to say I will be seeking far less of facebook and far more of the face of God, who promises me an abundant life!  A life filled with peace and an all consuming grace! It is a risk to expose the flesh for what it is.   With the flesh I serve the law of sin; but with a renewed mind, I serve a living, loving God! Where His light exposes the flesh for what it is.

(Don't get me wrong, there are things I do appreciate about facebook, being able to see pictures of my family, share good times and bad times with friends, share in prayer for those that are ill and encourage and edify those in need, and to be able to share in the talent and skill of others.) 

Ephesians 2:14 - For he is our peace, who hath made both one, and hath broken down the middle wall of partition between us;   having abolished in his flesh the enmity, even the law of commandments contained in ordinances: for to make in himself of twain one new man so making peace! 

How do we feel contentment and peace?  When our focus is on Christ!  "Philippians 4:13 - "I can do all things through Christ which strengthens me.  A renewed mind, with new thoughts of life! And the peace that passes all understanding shall keep your heart and mind through Christ Jesus! Learn to be content in whatever situation you are in.  Instead of feeling sorry for what you don't have, start thanking him for what you do have!  Uncover those gifts you haven't seen before and seek peace! Live in the moment, life is so much slower and a lot more graceful in every moment He expresses His love! 

Heart Homework: II Corinthians 13:11


This is where you find true peace! 



Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Day 3 - Revealing the Heart!

Day 1 - New Year 2015

Day 2 - JOY