I give you my peace!



I give you my peace! 

We are in tumultuous days where there is disquietude and anxiety from every direction.  As the news proclaims earthquakes and plagues and presidential elections with no concrete answers in sight to man's plight.  There are wars and rumors of wars on the horizon and no peace to be found.  I thought it a good time to share God's peace.   Try turning the TV and technology OFF for a moment and concentrate on the words of a living God! A God's whose spirit is encompassed by complete order, contentment, tranquility and peace! 

His word is a lamp unto our feet and a light to our path (Psalms 119:103-105) 
He also says in Psalms 34:14 to seek out His peace.  Sometimes He brings us to a point where we pursue it! We long to hear His sweet words as they are sweeter than honey to our lips.

The Lord instructs us on how to obtain peace, He says in Psalms 119: 165 if we look to His laws and love them, He will give us peace and we won't stumble in this world of disorder! If our minds are focused on Him, he gives us perfect peace ( Isaiah 26:3) .

Over and over again God reminds us that His peace is with those who concentrate and put their trust in Him!  Though the mountains be shaken and the hills be removed, yet my unfailing love for you will not be shaken nor my covenant of peace be removed, says the Lord, who has compassion on you! 

Such a wonderful vision He has given us as we stay focused on Him.  Isaiah 55:12 - You will go out in JOY and be led forth in peace; the mountains and hills will burst into song before you, and all the trees of the field will clap their hands!  Fill your heart and mind with His living water of PEACE! 

This next verse I rub on my heart every day so I can drown out the restlessness of this world. This is the abundant life!  A Savior, a friend, a leader, my shepherd who is humble in heart and gentle in spirit.  He urges us to come to Him when we become weary and burdened.  Only He can provide the rest that we need.  He says "take my yoke upon you and LEARN from me, for I am gentle and meek (unassuming, modest, obliging, soft spoken, simple, polite quiet, ordinary, and gentle) I will give you REST!  My yoke is easy and my burden is light."  It is the lightness of His heart that I pursue, His calm, contentment, His peace and tranquility! 

He is a constant reminder - Peace I leave with you; my peace I give you.  I do not give to you as the world gives.  Do not let your hearts be troubled and do not be afraid! John 14:27  And John 16:33 - I have told you these things, so that in me you may have peace.  In this world you will have trouble.  But take heart!  I have overcome the world!" 

We often think that our world is consumed with what we will eat next, or drink next, or do next, but God says His Kingdom is consumed with righteousness, peace and JOY in the Holy Spirit.  If we serve Him in this way it is pleasing to Him.  So shouldn't we make every effort to do what leads to peace and to mutual edification, lifting each other up with His JOY, His PEACE and His LOVE! Romans 14:17 

There are so many verses that remind us that God is a God of peace!  I want to close today with -

Do not be anxious about anything, but in every situation, by prayer and petition, with thanksgiving, present your requests to God and the PEACE of God, which transcends all understanding, will guard your hearts and your minds in Christ Jesus! 
Philippians 4:6








Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Day 3 - Revealing the Heart!

Day 1 - New Year 2015

Day 2 - JOY