Transformation!


Transformation

One of my favorite creatures is a butterfly!  They are so beautiful and really demonstrate the artistry of a loving God!  As I witness the struggle of the caterpillar as he gently and slowly hides himself within the chrysalis of the cocoon, I think, how long will this creature be hidden in darkness before the transformation takes place?  How often I wonder this same thing as I read God's Holy scripture and witness my own struggle between my flesh and the transformation of Holiness! 

"Therefore if anyone is in Christ, he is a new creation.  The old has passed away, behold the new has come.  2 Corinthians 5:17 

Therefore I urge you, brethren, by the mercies of God, to present your bodies a living and holy sacrifice, acceptable to God, which is your spiritual service of worship.  And do not be conformed to this world, but be transformed by the renewing of your mind, so that you may prove what the will of God is, that which is good and acceptable and perfect.  For through the grace given to me I say to everyone among you not to think more highly of himself than he ought to think; but to think so as to have sound judgment, as God has allotted to each a measure of faith.…Romans 12:2 

that, in reference to your former manner of life, you lay aside the old self, which is being corrupted in accordance with the lusts of deceit, and that you be renewed in the spirit of your mind, and put on the new self, which in the likeness of God has been created in righteousness and holiness of the truth.…Ephesians 4:23 
Colossians 3:10
and have put on the new self, which is being renewed in knowledge in the image of its Creator.  Who is the image of the creator?  

Psalm 51:10 Create in me a clean heart, O God; and renew a right spirit within me.
But when the kindness of God our Savior and His love for mankind appeared,He saved us, not on the basis of deeds which we have done in righteousness, but according to His mercy, by the washing of regeneration and renewing by the Holy Spirit, whom He poured out upon us richly through Jesus Christ our Savior,…Titus 3:5 

1 Peter 1:3
Praise be to the God and Father of our Lord Jesus Christ! In his great mercy he has given us new birth into a living hope through the resurrection of Jesus Christ from the dead,  Wow, how these words transform my life, my thoughts, and my heart!  The words given to us by our Heavenly Father to help us grow and to become more like Him in His character and nature.  

Here is some homework or research on God's self  God's self-manifestation is light  (Ex 3:1-6; 13:21-22; Ps 104:4). The psalmist pictures God clothed in garments of light (Ps 104:2; compare 1 Tim 6:16)  "Thy word is a lamp to my feet and a light to my path" (Ps 119:105, 130; 43:3; 56:13; Prov 6:23; Job 24:13; 29:3; Is 2:5; Dan 5:11, 14).  The psalmist celebrates God who is "my light and my salvation" (27:1; 18:28)

May your week be filled with His Holy presence and your path be illuminated by His light as a lamp to your feet and a light to your path!  Let others see the beauty of your transformation that it be more beautiful than the wings of a butterfly!

https://www.biblegateway.com/resources/commentaries/IVP-NT/1John/Character-God




Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Day 3 - Revealing the Heart!

Day 1 - New Year 2015

Day 2 - JOY