Believe!


Believe! 

"We can laugh right in the face of hopelessness because we are held right in the arms of God"  I had to see those words today, I had to feel them deep down in my soul; thank you Ann Voskamp for sharing the Holy Spirit with me today!"  Oh how I need Him!

My flesh so quickly drowns the urging of the Holy Spirit by worry, by not believing the grace and greatness of a Holy God.  I am so quick to say, I am alone, where is my faith? What happen to the flickering light that guides my path?  It's all about faith!  Increasing our faith, finding faith in Him.  Being established in our faith, continuing in faith, obedience, justified, sanctified, propitiation, righteousness, that reflects the strong of faith.

John 10:37 "If I do not the works of my Father, believe me not.  But if I do though ye believe not me, believe the works: that ye may know, and believe, that the Father is in me, and I in him."

Little faith! 

"For the ship was now in the midst of the sea, tossed with waves: for the wind was contrary" Matthew 14:24....do we often find life contrary, the waves and wind whirl around our dreams, our hearts, our home, tempting destruction.  And in the fourth watch of the night Jesus went unto them, walking on the sea.  And when the disciples saw him walking on the sea, they were troubled, saying, it is  a spirit; and they cried out for fear.  But straightway Jesus spake unto them, saying, Be of good cheer, it is I be not afraid!  And Peter answered him and said, Lord, if it be thou, bid me come unto thee on the water.  And he said, Come, and when Peter was come down out of the ship, he walked on the water, to go to Jesus.  But when he saw the wind boisterous, he was afraid; and beginning to sink, he cried, saying Lord, save me.  And immediately Jesus stretched forth his hand, and caught him, and said unto him, "Oh thou of little faith, wherefore didst thou doubt? And when they were come unto the ship, the wind ceased."

What is your contrary wind today?  Is it the wind of unbelief? Is the boisterous splash of the waves drowning your joy with worry, fear and little faith?  I know this is my struggle, but when it gets like this, Jesus stretches forth his hand and catches me, and the storm ceases.

Heart Homework: 

Romans 4:20


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Day 3 - Revealing the Heart!

Day 1 - New Year 2015

Day 2 - JOY