Cup of the Day!


Cup of the Day! 

Whats in your cup today? 

Today I want to concentrate on how God sees you verses how the world sees you!  It might make the difference in how you see things in general?? 

Psalms 139:14 
"I will praise you, for I am fearfully and wonderfully made.

Today's story....

At lunch time I knew I had to take care of my driver's license; it needed an address change.  It was time for me to get that little star on my license indicating that I had gone through the identification process, now legislated since the incident of 911.  Those that don't know what I am talking about, it is a little star on your license after you have presented all of your proper identification, proving who you are as a person; such as your birth certificate, your marriage license, your social security card, and divorce decree if you had filed for a divorce showing a name change.  Unfortunately, for me, I had misplaced all my paperwork, since it had been 25-50 years ago since I really needed it! The lack of accountability cost me close to two hundred dollars before it was all said and done, just to acquire an address change on my license!  This may not have pertained to you because you may have kept better records, but please read on.

I am shaking my head and thinking, when did we take God out of the schools?  Approximately, when was it, he was taken out of our Government, ??  Had "In God We Trust" been taken off our dollar bill yet??  Because prior to all of this, a man was known for his word, meaning he said he was John Doe, so it was believed that he was John Doe!  To the financial system, you are a financial statement, on paper or electronic.  To the school system, you are a transcript, on paper or electronic.  To the grocery story, you are a piece of paper with an image of a president on it.  What is your value to society?  Well, how much paper do you have??  Your identity is all wrapped up in paper, just a piece of paper, or maybe a few pieces of paper.

Due to evil, and allowing the enemy to penetrate our borders, it has cost our society "trust".  Because we no longer have a God to trust....In today's society there is no trust and it takes a stack of paperwork to prove you really are who you say you are.  This is exactly what society sees....they see a stack of papers, those papers are scanned and kept in place of a real, living and breathing human being who says they are ....."Pamela Jessiman" or whatever name you were given at birth, or prior to marriage.

Now then, this is how God sees you!  First of all, He knows you by name: Isaiah 43:1-2.  You are fearfully and wonderfully made!  You are more than a piece of paper - birth certificate.  You are a warm, living, breathing. human being!  In Psalms 139:15 - It says our frame is NOT hidden from God.  He does NOT see us as a piece of paper, He sees us and our frame.  He fashioned our days before we were in existence!  His thoughts are many, and are precious toward me and to you!  If fact His marvelous thoughts of us are MORE than the sand.  Try counting the sand....His precious thoughts are more than we can even imagine!  Does he see a social security card??  NO, He sees a living, breathing, fearfully and wonderfully made human being!!  In fact His love toward us was so vast, he dedicated His only begotten son, who was formed as a man so he could die for us!  There was no paper put down on the table for us, it was the blood of His personal son!  Because He saw us and our fellowship with Him as priceless, so priceless he gave all that He had to continue a relationship with us!  Us, we, a living, breathing, human being with a frame, whom He made in the image of himself.  Yes, this is what He sees!  Not a piece of paper that is so easily consumed with just a flicker of fire.

I don't know about you, but I will continue to believe what God sees and not what society thinks and sees us to be.  The question is, what do you believe?  Is your worth and identity all wrapped up in a piece of paper?  Or is it wrapped up in the arms of a loving, compassionate God who sees you for who you REALLY are?  Something to think about!  Because I sure was thinking about it today on my way back to work, while I was looking down at the floor of the car, where my papers lay and the price I paid to prove my identity.  God doesn't want our money, He wants our love and relationship because He already knows who we are and what we are in Him!  

Heart Homework:  Genesis Chapter 1 - 


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Day 3 - Revealing the Heart!

Day 1 - New Year 2015

Day 2 - JOY