Bring glad tidings of good things!


Bring glad tidings of good things! 

Today has been a struggle between my mind and emotions.  Some days are just like that, tears come and I can't seem to stop them.  I was diagnosed as a young child with chronic depression, probably started about the age of 8.  Over the years I have tried conventional treatment, but too many side affects!  Well a decade has passed and I still struggle with those emotions.  You know when you are standing just this side of the beach where the waves keep coming in and there is nothing to stop them except your feet planted in the sand.  The sand rushes by with the wave and then it flows back where it came from.  I love being at the beach; but I don't love the feelings of emotions, especially tears.  I wish it was something I didn't have to deal with; but maybe it is just a thorn in the side; never to leave.

The verse that is on my heart today is found in Romans 10:15 - And how shall they preach unless they are sent?  As it is written:  "How beautiful are the feet of those who preach the gospel of peace, who bring glad tidings of good things!  Now why would that verse be on my heart today?  Especially today, when I am having such a struggle within?

Ok, ok....2 Corinthians 12:10 - Therefore most gladly I will rather boast in my infirmities, that the power of Christ may rest upon me.  Therefore I take pleasure in infirmities, in reproaches, in needs, in persecutions, in distresses, for Christ's sake.  For when I am weak, then I am strong!  Let God be glorified....let the tears roll, let my body hurt; but let them be for his purpose and pleasure!  Now I must take the focus off ME and concentrate on Him!

I was talking with a friend today and she asked me to blog about something....it's called patience.  Have you ever gone shopping with someone, or to the park, or anywhere and the next thing you know, you are standing alone!  I can't tell you how many times this happens to me.  Of course I take pictures, so most people can only take so much, and I do understand.  Everyone has their own agenda, and if their agenda is interrupted; then out the window goes patience.  Or if you don't walk fast enough, the comment made is "come on, lets go" as if you are them?   My question is this, what is everyone in such a big hurry about?  We all know where the end of the road leads, right?  Well, some of us are closer to Heaven than others. :)

What is wrong with slowing down a little, maybe appreciating not just what is around you, but who is with  you.   How about slowing down and really  listening to the heart of others.  Maybe they will listen to your heart in return.  And if they don't, you know that you gave the most valuable thing you could have given, your time and most important, a part of yourself, a part of your heart.

Now than or is it then, could someone tell me something "good" that happen to them today, or this pass week?  Something funny, something nice, something outrageous that has happened or something nice about  someone, or just something?  Reveal your heart, I promise I am listening!  

Comments

  1. Thank you for your raw honesty, Pam. You are such a beautiful soul and your life is a blessing to all those around you. Take courage and press on. Tomorrow will be better.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you so much for reading this. Did you get good news yesterday? If you ever want to share, I could use some good news. :)

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Day 3 - Revealing the Heart!

Day 1 - New Year 2015

Day 2 - JOY