Delight


Delight

How do you describe delight?  I was sitting in the Cove today at lunch; it is a small rounded area with several picnic tables scattered about.  There is a large oak tree planted near the tables, close to the lake.  Let me ask you, "when you walk, do you look straight ahead or do you, at times, look up?  I find that I often look straight ahead (probably because I am afraid of tripping or falling)  At my age, it could be a disaster, so I try to be careful!  

 Well, I saw a friend sitting at the table and I went over to see how her day was going.  She said "look up" there are at least 6 bird nests in this one tree, probably more.  So, I "looked up" and sure enough the nests were everywhere, too many to count.  The birds flying and swooping down to check out everyone's lunch.  Blue birds, brown birds and most all of them looked pretty hardy (healthy).  I am sure the kids probably feed them lunch all the time.  I couldn't believe what I was seeing.  They were everywhere, skydiving close to my head; but I didn't care because I love birds, all kinds of birds.  Anything with wings are beautiful to me (insects, not so much, except butterflies).  That explains why it is such a delight walking the campus, because on a daily basis you can see geese, ducks, heron, Ibis, wood storks, and sand-hill crane, and much, much more!  All of them beautiful!  There legs so narrow and thin; but their wings magnificent!  We even have a little red-tail baby hawk right now over by our computer building.  I know why they like it here so much, because it is so very beautiful! When I see birds in flight, it makes me think of Isaiah 40:30 

but they that wait upon the Lord shall renew their strength, they shall mount up with wings as eagles, they shall run and not be weary, and they shall walk and not faint! 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Day 3 - Revealing the Heart!

Day 1 - New Year 2015

Day 2 - JOY